Let me back up a minute............we draw names for Secret Santa at work. Each of us has a stocking hanging on the back of the storeroom door. Each day for 5 or 6 days your Secret Santa leaves a little gift in your stocking! When all staff is in in the morning, we go get our Secret Santa gifts. Part of the fun for me is trying to figure out who has who each year. I work it like a logic problem and most years do pretty well with it.
The Secret Santas are revealed at the party at Jane's house! Jane's house is decorated like a Christmas wonderland! Every where you look there is Christmas; every little nook and cranny has a little something in it, every flat surface has Christmas decorations on it. We each bring food and we have a feast! We are very good cooks and the food and drinks (mimosas made with cranbery juice - my favorite) are fabulous!
Jen and Justine singing!
After dinner we sang Christmas songs with altered lyrics. Hysterical! "Something in my brother's underpants" sung to the tune of "Winter Wonderland" is my favorite, lol. Then it was time for the gifts. The suspense was killing us as we were all dying to know who our Secret Santa was! There were some surprises this year as people kept the secret! I figured out that Jeanne - our newest employee- had me! She was a wonderful Secret Santa! I received so many very nice and thoughtful gifts, many with cardinals on them!!
Jeanne (my Secret Santa) and Martha
The person who I had unfortunately couldn't come to the party so I'll give her her "big" gift on Monday!
Next came dessert and a game with door prizes! Jane's husband took a picture of the whole gang. And of course there were favors too. Jane really spoils us and makes us feel appreciated. Here's the rest of the gang:

No comments:
Post a Comment