Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving thanks

Every morning when the alarm goes off at 5:00AM and my feet hit the floor, I am thankful to God for another day. I am thankful for the wonderful snoring man who I share my life with. I am thankful for my health and my family's health.

I am thankful that I KNOW there is a God who made our beautiful world and that He truly loves ME! I am humbly thankful for Jesus who died for me.

I am thankful for my amazing children and grandchildren! Our family continues to grow! I am thankful for this year's "new editions" - Lucy and Kara!

I am thankful for Blessed Sacrament Church and the priests who God has used to touch my life in a special way. I am especially thankful for Father Bill who has gently guided me,challenged me and who now gives me numerous opportunities to sing!

I am thankful for my church family and my "friends of faith" and especially our Breakfast Club. They keep me centered and focused on what really matters.

I am thankful for my parents who I miss everyday. They weren't perfect parents but they were the perfect ones for me! I am thankful for my two sisters and two brothers and all the memories we've made!

! I am thankful that I have a job that I love taking care of children. I am especially blessed to be working for Jane and Ken who genuinely care about and appreciate all of us.

I am thankful for little pleasures like a good cup of tea, dark chocolate, time to read a good book and pedicures.

This year I am thankful for the "old" friends I have reconnected with on Facebook!

I am thankful for the beautiful sunrises and sunsets and the awe inspiring change of seasons!

I am thankful to God that we have everything we need and even some of what we want!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for knowing YOU. You are an amazing sweet person. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

    ReplyDelete