Monday, October 26, 2009

Trip to Phoenix! Part 1


Here I am in Phoenix, visiting Becky and Taylor in their brand new home! It is huge, beautiful and in a great neighborhood! I have my own bedroom (which the kids call Grandma's room) and bathroom!
Becky and the kids met me at the airport. Wes was sleeping, Jameson recognized me and said "GrandPA!"
Lucy was all smiles!
Weston calls me Grandma Buffalo and told me he watches my show on TV. First day here we stopped at the "train park" and an outlet mall. I was exhausted at the end of the day having gotten up at 6:00AM Buffalo time, traveled all day and there is a 3 hour time difference.

This morning I got up and went to Mass at St. James Church, my Phoenix church home. They have a wonderful choir with lots of instruments, different aged singers and music I'd not heard before but really liked. Taylor's Dad Doug and his wife Linda were in town visiting so they came for breakfast along with Tay's brother Dave, his wife Heather and their kids. After breakfast we all went to the Mormon church where Weston's Sunday school class was part of a primary program. The church was filled with the voices of children singing! I accompanied Tay and Becky to their Sunday school class which was very interesting. Then I went with Becky to the young women's group that she teaches.

It sounds like it will be a very busy (and fun) week here with the Proudfits! More to follow........

No comments:

Post a Comment