One of my favorite things to do in my free time is play guitar (although not well) and sing (again not well). For three years now my friend Mary Beth (who DOES sing well) and I have been singing with our pastor, Fr. Bill Quinlivan, at various places in the area. MB and I have been nicknamed the "Quinettes" by a friend of Fr. Bill's. Father Bill has a beautiful voice and writes his own songs as well as accompanying himself on guitar and piano. He has three CDs to his credit, the latest being "Priest of Mine" just recently released.
This past weekend we had the privilege of singing at two places. The first was a 15th anniversary celebration at St. Luke's Mission of Mercy on the East side of Buffalo. We were one of the groups providing music during the afternoon.
Monday we were privileged to be part of Kingdom Bound Music Festival at Darien Lake Theme Park. This was our third year singing in the Worship Tent! Fr. Bill was the emcee for the evening.
We were excited to be asked back again and even more excited to be singing the same night as Mitch McVicker, Ceili Rain and Matt Maher! Not only did we get to sing, but we got to be there to hear these incredible worship artists sing for our Lord!!
I can't begin to express how blessed I feel to be a small part of this music ministry.
Check out these websites when you get a chance:
http://frbillsings.com/
http://www.stlukesmissionofmercy.org/
http://www.kingdombound.com/index.html
http://mitchmcvicker.com/
http://www.ceilirain.com/
http://www.mattmahermusic.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment