We don't get to go on vacation so I like to take vacation "days" where it really is a break from my real life. My sister Kathy and I both took today off to spend the day together doing something fun. We've had a tradition since our kids were little to spend the day at the beach at Beaver Island State Park but this year we wanted to do something different. It was a beautiful sunny, warm day for our adventure!
We started out the day having breakfast sandwiches and a donut at Tim Horton's.
Next stop was Gordie Harpers Bazaar in Newfane, about a 40 min. drive. Gordie's has lots of little consignment booths inside selling crafts, antiques, penny candy, lots of different things! We spent a long time there and each bought a couple things. I found a cute little green tote bag, some Christmas elves and circus peanuts to eat in the car (a memory from childhood).
We continued on down the road and came upon a huge multi-house garage sale! We perused the wares there and again bought a couple things. I bought a purse for $2.00 and a "Sleeping Beauty" video for $.25!
Our destination for the day was Olcott Beach.
I hadn't been there since I was a child and my parents took us there to ride the rides at the little amusement park and to have a picnic. The carousel and the rides are back and only twenty five cents a ticket! We explored a little alleyway of boutique shops along Lake Ontario.
Lots of different and beautiful things - and again we found things to purchase! I took home a set of beautiful placemats and napkins in green and purple to match our kitchen. There was alot of pirate themed things in every store. We found out they had a Pirate Festival in July. If only my mother-in-law had known.....
We enjoyed a late lunch on the patio outside an Italian restaurant and of course had to stop and get ice cream too!

No comments:
Post a Comment