Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Mommy Date

Time is winding down to when Megan leaves for rehearsals for her summer shows. I realized that she's been home 3 1/2 months and we didn't get to do some of the things I wanted to do with her. So Wednesday we did! Thank God neither one of us got called in to work! It was a beautiful day (we've had so many beautiful days this Spring); sunny, blue skies, warm but not hot.
First stop- hiking the trails at Steiglmier Park!



This is one of my favorite places to go for a "nature walk" and this time we took a trail I'd never been on. A short way into the woods, we saw chipmunks!


My day was complete already! I LOVE chipmunks and am lucky if I see one all summer. We saw alot of them scampering around, one was quite tame and actually came up to us thinking we were going to feed it. Some squirrels kind of freaked Megan out and started following her!


Obviously the critters are used to being fed in that part of the woods. I actually saw a red headed woodpecker!
Second stop - Alethea's for ice cream! Alethea's is an old fashioned ice cream parlor and chocolate shop. We indulged in sundaes and tried to take some pictures without disturbing the other customers.



Third stop - the river! After eating all that ice cream, we needed to walk it off so we went for a long walk along the riverwalk. It was wonderful being outside so much!


Of course, being Buffalo, we had a little snow even in June(j/k it was the cotton from the cottonwood trees).

By then it was time to come home and get dinner started. After dinner though, we completed the day by watching a movie together. It was a wonderful day with my beautiful daughter!

4 comments:

  1. You two are adorable!! I'm so glad you had Mommy Date! And Stiglmeier looks so nice, I'm gonna have to take the kids there sometime soon... :) I've always heard really good things about it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this! I had such a GREAT DAY with you mommy! I miss you already. <3
    (PS some pictures are overlapping each other, just FYI you.)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW so cute. Alethea's is my fav ice cream place in buffalo! You look like you had a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY CUTE PICTURES! You've become quite a blogger, haven't you. Love the ice cream ending! That's how most of all of our dates end.

    ReplyDelete