She and dad built a cabin there when her own children were little. It has become the gathering place for our family, the place where the brothers, sisters, cousins and friends grew up playing in the gullies, building forts, catching frogs, hiking, swimming and catching fireflies. It was the perfect day - warm, sunny, a gentle breeze, no bees or mosquitoes and plenty of food and fun! As soon as everyone was there we took the traditional picture in front of the cabin.
I completely forgot to take a picture of my OWN kids - next week guys! Sammi, David and Olivia caught toads and caterpillars and put them in buckets.

Kara actually caught this frog all by herself!

Bob took the kids for a ride in our "yacht". They pretended they were pirates (Sammi was the captain).

The Reddish Family was there so it was the perfect opportunity for our annual Kan Jam Tournament! Teams were chosen at random and Norman was the official announcer. Sammi and Brandon really held their own this year with the grown ups.
The winners!!!!
William really enjoyed being in Colden too!

And of course the grandchildren had to help Grandma Terry feed the fish their favorite food - cheese puffs!
To complete the day we had our first bonfire of the season and roasted marshmellos.





What a wonderful way to spend a day!

very nice mommy! I'm posting a link to this on the fam website.
ReplyDeleteWow, yeah nice job! And I'm gonna have to steal the pictures I don't already have :)
ReplyDeleteOh but I beg to differ about the mosquitoes. I got bit right on my forehead within the first five minutes! lol I looked like Quasimodo for a while. But this was one of the best Colden days in the 14 years I've been coming out there with you guys...wow. That's a long time.
ReplyDeleteThat must have been a black fly, lol
ReplyDeleteMy dream is to have a cabin someday to bring the kids and grandkids to and take that same picture every year in the same spot. Maybe someday... for now... I'll keep dreaming. How fun, to catch frogs and pretend to be pirates. I love love love Can Jam. Way fun game. Tay and Becky would always bring that game to the beach on our vacations.
ReplyDelete