As soon as Mom and Dad leave, the kids are hungry because it's time for a snack. Since it was so close to dinner time, we had veggies and dip (at least it was something healthy).
When it's just the two of them, David usually hangs out with grandpa doing "guy stuff" (like playing trains)
and Sammi likes to hang out with me in the kitchen just talking. I'm always impressed with how smart and intuitive she is.
It was David's turn to pick our dinner this month and he picked homemade pizza! Sammi and David each made their own pizza. Sammi made cheese and pepperoni and David made EXTRA cheese! Both were delicious!!!!
After dinner we played Uno, Old Maid and listened to some tapes of old radio shows that John used to make with OUR kids when they were little. I love hearing my OWN little kids' voices. I think Sammi and David enjoy all the different voices Grandpa uses in the tapes. Sammi explained to me that when they have a sleepover at THEIR house, they usually have a whole mix of different snacks. I'm so glad she explained that to me! I put a couple different things in little bowls that we enjoyed while listening to the tapes.
Time for bed - camping out under the Christmas tree!
The movie this time was "Because of Winn Dixie". EVERYONE stayed awake for the whole movie so we put in another movie, "The Santa Clause". Grandpa and Sammi stayed awake for that whole movie too (David and I fell asleep somewhere in the middle). By now it was 1:15AM! Grandpa put in one more movie "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" so Sammi could fall asleep. It was very hard for them to get up in the morning for church after falling asleep so late.
Sunday morning: Church, donut Sunday and getting to pick a prize from Miss Jo-jo's basket. After church the kids wanted to listen to the old tapes AGAIN! Grandpa made eggs for brunch and the kids ate leftover pizza with them. Then David suddenly remembered that he didn't make me any pictures for the refrigerator! So Sammi went downstairs with Grandpa and listened to records (and I caught her reading a book too) and David and I stayed upstairs while he worked on his pictures.
Grandma and Grandpa are very tired now and we're going to bed early tonight!

Great pictures!! They always have such a great time at your sleepovers. Was Sammi REALLY moody in the morning? She is so hard to wake up even when she's well-rested. I love the picture with your tree, the lights have that hazy glow to them - love it!
ReplyDelete