Saturday, January 9, 2010

Goals for the New Year - 2010

I love new beginnings! They inspire and motivate me. I've found that by writing things down it keeps me accountable and reminds me what changes I want to make. I'm hoping that by posting this HERE (where I can't misplace it), I will do better at making the changes I want to make in 2010.

Spiritual – keep a journal!
~When a “God breeze” hits, act on it immediately.
~Send more cards, notes
~Fast at least once a month
~Continue with daily Bible reading, Adoration, opportunities for prayer and spiritual renewal
~spend more time with my "Friends of Faith."

Physical – SIMPLE: move more, eat smarter and less
~Limit computer time to 15 min. at a time. I’ll get more done around here!
~Walk daily (buy a pedometer and new sneakers!) Walking is also a great time for prayer.
~Go to bed earlier! Get 7 – 8 hours sleep a night. Take a power nap daily!
~Get eyes checked
~Go to the dentist
~Go to the dermotologist

Financial – put credit card away, actively work at paying off debt weekly.
~Put money in savings account and Christmas club weekly

Life is short! Do things NOW instead of waiting for the “right” time (when I lose weight, when we can “afford it”, etc. ). I am not a frivolous person. In fact, I do things in a thrifty manner by habit now!

Mental/Emotional – don’t feel guilty about spending money on myself to pamper myself once in a while.
~Definitely DON’T FEEL GUILTY about taking care of needs (sneakers, underwear, jacket, doctor’s appointments, dentist, eye doctors etc).

~Plan some one-on-one time with each of the grandchildren
~Plan some one-on-one time with each of my kids!
~Take mom out to lunch!
~Get together with another couple
~Friends are important! Make time to get together with friends! (House work will ALWAYS be there!)
~Entertain more (it can be done inexpensively)!
~Visit someplace I’ve never been!
~Go hiking/walking at Steiglmier, the river, Tifft Farm, Delaware Park, and find some NEW places too!
~Have a creative outlet! Set up a workable “Creation Station” in Meg’s bedroom
~Play the piano more
~Learn something new!

Not even sure if I'll publish this but at least it's here for posterity!

2 comments:

  1. I wrote this Jan. 9 but didn't post it until today, Feb. 4. I've been doing pretty well with my goals for the new year. I am keeping a journal, sprung for a new pair of sneakers (which I REALLY needed), sleeping more at night and actually taking a nap when I don't get enough sleep at night (well sometimes, lol). I've made progress on many of the things I've listed!

    I'm being kinder to myself and actually am proud of myself for the little changes I've made so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I'm sure you'll do great with all of this :) I should keep a list too...

    ReplyDelete