It was David's turn to pick dinner. Earlier in the week the discussion went as follows:
David: "I know what I want for dinner at the sleepover! I want.........."
Sammi(interrupting): "Please don't say chicken patties!"
David's face fell : "But I like chicken patties! I was going to say chicken parmesan made with chicken patties."
Sammi: "Well if you pick chicken patties I'm just going to eat at home."
David thought very hard and finally his face lit up! "I know! Grandma do you know how to make Tuna Helper?"
I really thought he was kidding because what 6 year old (nevermind 50+ grandparents) actually like Tuna Helper?? He wasn't kidding so this is what we had for dinner.
And the kids LOVED IT! {editorial comment: YUCK!} David also picked dessert - the same one Olivia had picked the month before- neopolitan ice cream! So John and the kids made Strawberry Acorn!
After dinner was more swimming and then Grandpa showed the kids his "neat stuff" in the garage.

No comments:
Post a Comment