Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012

The new year is 7 days old already and I haven't taken the time to really think about my goals for this new year. So here goes:

Figure out (or at least write down) things that bring me joy and DO THEM more often!
~I LOVE fireworks and they are FREE! Sometime,s they are so beautiful that they bring me to tears. At the very least I'm usually trying to restrain myself from jumping up and down.

~I really enjoy parades too (which are also FREE!)

~I have always LOVED going to the movies. The experience is so much better than sitting in front of the TV. I'd like to go at least once a month this year, even if I have to go alone. (note: saw 1st movie of the New Year - "We Bought a Zoo" with Matt Damon.)

~More music is on my list too: making it and going to concerts

~I'd like to spend more time outdoors this year, hiking new places, spending time by the water.

One of my goals has always been to be healthier. I recently joined a gym and love going! I love how I feel when I leave the gym. I am stronger, have less aches and pains now and am getting great decorating ideas while watching HGTV while doing cardio. This year I am concentrating on eating better, drinking more water, getting in my 5 fruits and vegetables everyday.

Pick a room and redecorate it! I have so many ideas for my house and every room needs painting. We need so much. Major purchases (like furniture, a new mattress and new appliances for the kitchen) aren't going to happen this year but maybe I could do our room! Curtains and bedding are faded. I have bedding and blinds already picked out at Kohls. Need to find curtains or at least valances and of course paint.

Spending more time with family is always on my list (with their cooperation of course). I would really like to spend one-on-one time with each of my kids this year. Any mother will tell you that as much as they LOVE their sons and daughters-in-law and their grandchildren, they would treasure "alone time" with their kids once in a while.

Go visit Megan in NYC! I'm going to make it happen this year!

It's going to be a good year!

1 comment:

  1. Dec. 27, 2012. Checking back in to see how I did. I did pretty well on my resolutions!

    Actually went to NYC TWICE this year!

    Took care of myself by continuing with the gym, going to the dentist, orthopedic dr., dermatologist and got new glasses! Still need to improve my diet.

    Didn't redecorate anything.

    Went to more concerts this year and actually sang at more events this year!

    Saw fireworks several times, went to a parade, only saw a couple movies though. Went to the beach and went in the water!! Spent some time by the river this summer, just sitting and reading or walking. Also bought a new bike and really enjoyed riding it!

    So not too shabby if I do say so myself. Now to spend a little time thinking about some changes/improvements I would like to make in my life for 2013. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete