Thursday, July 7, 2011

They're here! (Part 3)

Tuesday was a Livvie day and we decided to spend the day at Beaver Island. We packed up our cooler, grabbed chairs and a blanket and we were off!
It was cloudy and very breezy there but we didn't mind. My nephew Danny met us there.
Megan, Danny and Taylor took the kids in the water while Becky and I read on the beach.
Olivia was a fish and was in the longest. The kids (and Taylor) played in the sand. We had a picnic lunch, lots of snacks and a great time!
That night while all the kids were at a different playground doing crafts, John remembered the girls' request and dug out the home movies from when they were kids. We all crowded into the living room, kids laying on the floor, as we watched (silent) movies from years ago. Time passes too quickly.........

Before we knew it, it was time to take Meg to the bus station to catch the overnight bus back to New Jersey.

The next day, Taylor spent much of the time packing while Becky and I hung out with the kids. Lucy saw the baby bunny in our yard. Jameson played with Grandpa's train one last time. Weston told me that he told his mom and dad that he wanted to stay in Buffalo forever. I asked what he liked best about Buffalo and he answered "You guys." I was choking back tears.......This was a great visit (with great weather too) and good byes were so hard. The kids will change so much before they make another trip to Buffalo. I'll have to arrange a trip to Arizona soon....I miss them so much.

Right at the time their plane was taking off, a HUGE thunderstorm blew in. We had a torrential downpour on and off for two hours washing away a whole week of chalk drawings. John and I had a glass of wine and quiet dinner on the porch. After the rain came a beautiful rainbow!

I miss my girls....

No comments:

Post a Comment