Saturday, April 24, 2010

Toddler Talk

I work in a daycare center in the Toddler Room. The age range is about 18 months - 3 years old. Here are some things the teachers have "overheard" in the past couple months:

"My tummy is full - I need to take my dress off!"



"We're playing magical chairs."

"I'm Swiper the box."

"I like to eat snowflakes!"

"I'm growing up for I can reach high things."

"I feel much good."

"Mommy was stinky- Mommy tooted!"


"I'm happy today!"

"I eated soup."

"I'm pluggin' my eyes, Mary!"

"Um...hello? Buzz Lightyear? Somebody is in tubble! Um..yeah........bye."


"I have a baby in my belly!"

"I'm not a leprechaun - I'm a boy!"

"I need to tie Lauren's shoes - you go round and round."


"It's jungle time!!"

"I got money!"

Teacher: "Time to take a nap!"
Child: "That's just weird.."

"Look at my hair - it looks crazy!"

"He's not a guy!"

"It's sunny and hottie."

1 comment: