Sunday, March 14, 2010

March sleepover

I got a phone call yesterday from Olivia's mom telling me Livvie was sick again and wouldn't be coming to sleep overnight. Since it was Olivia's turn to pick what's for dinner (she'd picked pizza) and she wasn't coming, I quickly called Sammi to see if she would like to pick. She told me about a recipe in her kids' cookbook that she wanted to try - Zesty Fish Tacos! I wrote down the ingredients and went to Wegmans for the second time that day.

This was the weekend to set our clocks ahead one hour for Daylight Savings Time. In an effort to make sure the kids got enough sleep, we set our clocks ahead BEFORE they got here. It was a dark, dreary day anyway and they didn't notice.

Sammi and David were both in a musical mood and took turns playing the piano.
David also tried out a rhythm box that Uncle Joe had made in high school and Grandpa's maracas.

Dinner time came quickly! Sammi followed her recipe and pretended she was doing a cooking show. David and I were her assistants. David wasn't amused when I started talking like Julia Childs, lol although Sammi did talk about the joy of cooking! I was assigned to oven duty and chopping lettuce. David handed Sammi whatever she needed.
He quickly got bored and decided to color.
Sammi mixed up the special sauce (with a secret ingredient added), cut up the fish sticks and tomatoes, and assembled the tacos when everything was ready.



And I must say the fish stick tacos were delicious! Even Grandpa (who had wrinkled his nose when told we were forgoing pizza since Livvie wasn't coming) enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment